How Many and What Types of Brakes are There?
There are two -- disc brake and drum brake systems.
What Do They Do?
They generate friction -- the resistance a vehicle's wheels and tires need to slow down and stop.
How Do They Work?
It's a simple process that starts when you step on the brake pedal, activating the brake pistons. They travel the bore of the master brake cylinder, pressurizing brake fluid. This fluid flows through brake hoses and lines, and from there, which part does what depends on brake type. In drum brakes, the fluid forces brake shoes and brake drums to clamp together, while in disc brakes, it fastens brake rotors, brake calipers, and the brake pads together.
How Long Do They Last?
That depends on two things: the conditions of the parts and the results of an exhaustive brake inspection. That means you'll need to check everything from the brake pedal, fluid, lines, and hoses to the assemblies and parking brake. Replace anything that the results demand.
What are the Signs They Need Replacing?
- Warning lights on the dashboard
- Pulling to the side, shuddering, and/or grinding and other abnormal noises when braking
- Weak brake grip
- A brake pedal that feels too low or soft
- Taking longer to slow down and stop
Before you buy brake parts, though, be sure you're getting the genuine article.
Why Buy Genuine OEM?
They'll fit the brand and model you love driving right from the get-go. That's a compatibility guarantee you may not get on the brakes aftermarket.
Where Can You Order Replacement Mopar Brake Parts Online?
From the catalog here at our auto parts store. We've got a wide selection you can browse by your make, model, and year to find what fits more easily. Buy them now, and we'll ship and deliver them straight to your door, ASAP.
No results found for "brake pads, brake rotors, brake calipers, brake". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!